Health & Safety Policy Statement – Tīra NZ & Australia
This policy applies to the following Business Units:
- Site Services (Hamilton, Hawera, Timaru)
- Stainless Systems
- Cloudy Bay
As an Employer in both NZ and Australia we are committed to taking all reasonably practicable steps to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all Workers (employees, contractors, sub-contractors & visitors).
Our management and leaders are responsible for our Safety Management System (SMS) and positive safety behaviours & compliance with safety processes and obligations throughout the business at all levels. We will measure our improvements through setting measurable objectives and targets aimed at the reduction of risk and the elimination of work related injuries and illnesses.
- Provide, monitor and maintain systems for the safe use, handling, storage and transportation of plant and substances;
- Ensure open & accurate reporting of injuries, injury management, near miss and hazards/risk to prevent future similar incidents & return people to meaningful work as part of our rehabilitation policy;
- Investigating all reported incidents and injuries to identify all contributing factors and where appropriate, formulating plans for corrective action;
- Audit H&S Systems to ensure effectiveness & provide feedback & improvement ideas back to Managers;
- Ensure timely & relevant information is made available & provided to the Board.
Employees and other persons at the workplace must take reasonable care for his or her own health and safety. Also take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons and comply, as far as he or she is reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction that is given by the person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) or Officer to allow them to comply with the Health Safety at Work Act 2015 and the Health Safety at Work Regulations 2016.
This policy is a demonstration of our commitment of the continued H&S improvement for our Officers, Workers and other persons at the workplace through the achievement of our H&S Objectives and Targets. We review this annually to take into account performance, compliance, legislation and our changing business.
NDA NZ Chief Executive Officer
GM – HR & HSE